When spring comes around, and especially now with more time on our hands, it’s often one of the best times to downsize. The weather is beautiful, the urge to clean is often in full swing and most seniors feel like it’s time for a change. With a change in seasons and new beginnings coming, it’s truly the perfect time!
“At The Estates, many of our residents chose spring as a time to move,” says Jeanie Tini, Marketing Director at The Estates at Carpenters, a Life Plan Community in Lakeland, Florida. “They knew there’d be a lot to do, plenty of things to enjoy and, to put it simply, they didn’t want to deal with owning a home anymore! We took all those issues away from them with our worry-free lifestyle, and as spring rolls around again, many are beginning to follow suit!”
With us, we make downsizing fun! Your apartment home choices are practically unlimited. We offer one-, two- and three-bedroom apartment homes with 13 unique floor plans ranging from 475 to 2,500 sq. ft. – one for every budget, one perfect for you and your special needs. And our Move-In Coordinator will work with you personally to make it uniquely yours!
The Upside of Downsizing This Spring!
If you’re considering downsizing, check out some of our many tips to make it easier and more enjoyable to downsize this spring!
- Go through your home one room at a time. The easiest way to go about downsizing is to walk through each space of your home or apartment, from basement to closet to attic while taking a critical look at everything. Make sure to declutter before downsizing or packing anything!
- Take advantage of the OHIO rule. Meaning “Only Handle It Once,” it’s important to banish the pile of maybes and instead place each item on a keep, donate or throw away pile. Then, do not touch it again.
- Figure out what to sell or what to give away. Items that have value may be passed down to family or friends or they may simply be sold at consignment. This can ensure you either make money or pass down treasured memories with those you love.
- Make a list of everything you need to take. Prior to making the move, ask what you may bring and tour your floor plan. This will help you to assess what needs to come and what needs to go. Make sure everything you are taking will fit into your space well.
- Sit back and relax. With senior move specialists, moving companies and more, you can sit back as someone else moves your belongings and unpacks them, all while you get settled in your community and enjoy your new lifestyle!
For more information about downsizing and making the move to a senior living community, contact us today. We would be happy to help you on your downsizing journey!
Experience What It Means to Have True Peace of Mind
With the security and peace of mind of Lifecare, it’s no surprise why The Estates at Carpenters is the right choice for a perfectly planned retirement lifestyle. Schedule a tour and discover the uncompromised retirement lifestyle you deserve. Schedule your visit today!
About the Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan Community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For over 30 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and the amenities and services that make life easier. A lifestyle designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.