New Year’s celebrations let friends and family ring in the changing calendar with lighthearted fun, reminding everyone of what they cherish most. At The Estates, you can expect a new year’s experience far beyond that of your typical Continuing Care Retirement Community, also known as a CCRC. Not to mention the first-rate health care for added confidence.
We’ve done a bit of research to learn how active older adults celebrate the start of the new year and what’s to follow. Read on to learn about six of our most favorite ways to celebrate the new year in senior living.
6 Suggestions on How To Ring in the New Year
When it comes to enjoying independent living to the fullest, keeping things interesting is the name of the game. AARP.org notes that the holidays can be challenging for aging relatives, so all the more reason to engage in a bit of well-mannered frivolity.
Here are 6 ways to toast the year ahead that we think you’ll love.
- Have a New Year’s Eve Meal in our Dining Room or Bistro – What better way to greet the new year than starting off with a delicious meal at our Dining Room or Bistro? Enjoy our elegant table settings and gobble up something tasty to eat from our holiday menus.
- Countdown to Noon – A great way to use as much of the December daylight as possible is to host a Countdown to Noon event rather than a traditional New Year’s Eve Party. Since there’s a good chance residents might go to sleep before midnight, this is a way to make family visits last longer.
- Party Time: Stay Up Until Midnight – Whether choosing a themed party or a tried and true midnight countdown, active older adults can celebrate in a number of ways. A timeless New Year’s Eve party with drinks, a spread, dancing and even karaoke could be the perfect way to ring in the coming year.
- Make, Share and Fulfill New Year’s Resolutions – A classic and uplifting tradition, resolutions are an awesome way to check in with goals and keep track of personal growth. We suggest making and sharing them with friends, family or our team. You can write them in a community book or leave neighbors and loved ones a special promise on a personalized note.
- New Year’s Fashion Show – This is one of our favorites: holding a New Year’s fashion show! This can look however you like, but the most important thing is to have fun. Dress up in your most stylish or ravishing outfits. Teams can lay down fabric or tape in place of a catwalk and are called up from a list of their registered names.
- Show and Tell – Another good idea for group activities is to set up a Show and Tell event. It can be structured in a similar way to the fashion show. Let residents bring cherished items, heirlooms, or anything they like to share with friends. You can also invite families to make it as fun as possible!
About The Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan Community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For over 35 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and amenities and services that make life easier. The Estates at Carpenters offers a lifestyle that is designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.