When you were a kid, summertime was often the BEST time. School was out, ice cream trucks drove around, and friends were always nearby to play outside. While those days may seem long gone for you now, your grandkids are enjoying that same, carefree feeling you did as a child.
According to Jeanie Tini, Director of Marketing and Sales at The Estates at Carpenters, a Life Plan Community in Lakeland, Florida, there’s a wide range of family-friend activities to do in Lakeland. “Lakeland offers a prime location full of opportunities for families,” says Jeanie. “No matter what age, there is something both you and your grandkids can enjoy together, from more relaxing activities to something more fast-paced and exciting. One thing is for sure: the smiles that you see and the laughter you share always brighten up the day and create summer memories to last a lifetime!”
7 Ways to Connect with Your Grandkids All Summer Long
Soak up some of that magic and connect with your grandkids this summer by trying some of the following bonding activities!
- Go to an old-fashioned drive-in movie theater. There are plenty of child-friendly movies releasing this summer that both you and your grandkids will enjoy. Pack up the car – and don’t forget the bug spray or chairs – and get ready for family fun at the Silver Moon Drive-In Theatre. Arrive early, share some snacks and toss around a ball or enjoy conversation while you wait for it to get dark enough outside for the movie to begin.
- Take them for a day at a local theme park. Lakeland is located close to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and other great attractions. Hop in the car for an easy drive to Orlando, enjoy your Florida-resident discount and watch your grandkids’ faces light up as they enjoy the parks! Want to make it more exciting? Don’t tell them where you are going and keep it a surprise!
- Spend time at the pool and chase down an ice cream truck. There’s no better way to beat the summer heat than splashing around and cooling off with ice cream. Enjoy your favorites, share your childhood memories and make some new ones!
- Enjoy the outdoors together. There’s nothing like the great outdoors! Share your love of gardening with your grandkids and teach them your best-kept secrets. Let them dig and get their hands dirty! Go on a nature walk, point out your favorite landmarks and make it into a fun scavenger hunt – look for butterflies, interesting rocks, flowers, and leaves. Pick some fruit at a local farm. Make it a contest and pick as much fruit as you can carry. Bring it home and make a sweet dessert together!
- Try your hand at mini-golf. Many kids have fond memories of playing mini-golf. A little friendly competition and exciting obstacles: what’s not to love? Get outside and give it a try.
- Head to the beach for the day. Lakeland is located near some very vibrant metro areas, but the proximity to the beach always makes people smile! Pack the sunscreen, lunch, and some sandcastle-making materials and set out for a day at the beach! No matter what your age, the beach is an amazing, memory-creating experience.
- Visit a museum. This area is home to many fun museums. Spend some time with your grandkids at the Polk Museum of Art, the Explorations V Children’s Museum, Aerospace Discovery at the Florida Air Museum and so many more.
Residents have even more opportunities to connect with their grandkids. With a serene setting on 33 acres, an array of activities, ample space for sleepovers – and a maintenance-free lifestyle – you can spend less time worrying about household tasks and instead spend more time having fun with your grandkids! Contact us today to learn more at 863-279-4503.
Experience What It Means to Have True Peace of Mind
With the security and peace of mind of Lifecare, it’s no surprise why The Estates at Carpenters is the right choice for a perfectly planned retirement lifestyle. Schedule a tour and talk to our residents and team about why Lifecare at The Estates at Carpenters just makes good financial sense! Discover the uncompromised retirement lifestyle you deserve. Schedule your visit today!
About The Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan Community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living, and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For over 33 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and amenities and services that make life easier. It’s a lifestyle designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.