When in Rome, do as the Romans do – or should we say, when in Polk County do what the Boomers do? Those who live in Polk County have access to a wide variety of places to visit, things to do, and activities to try. There’s something for everyone: for the person who wants to relax and, even better, those who dare to explore!
“Residents at The Estates at Carpenters tend to have an endless list of things to do and enjoy, checking completed items off their bucket list,” says Jeanie Tini, Director of Marketing and Sales at The Estates at Carpenters, a Life Plan Community in Lakeland, Florida. “We love to see our residents out and about, and not simply staying home. Although we provide a wide array of our own programs, activities and outings, there’s something about exploring and getting a taste of adventure that just really adds excitement to our lives! When our residents return, they love to chat about their experiences with other residents and team members – and sometimes even add something else to their lists of things to do. Our location provides the prime opportunity to let loose, try new things and really embrace each day to the fullest.”
5 Things Polk County Offers for Adventurous Boomers!
- Glamping and Rodeos. At Westgate River Ranch Resort and Rodeo, you can go camping and trade the tent for a luxury teepee! During your stay on the ranch, you can go horseback riding, enjoy a Saturday night rodeo and enjoy a luxurious getaway.
- Fishing. With over 550 lakes in the region, there is no shortage of bodies of water for residents to enjoy. Pack a lunch, or pick one up, grab your bait and tackle and go on your own, or book a fishing excursion. There are plenty of options to meet your needs, from beginner to pro!
- Water Sports. Since there are so many lakes in Polk County, it’s a great place to enjoy multiple water sports. From waterskiing and wakeboarding to paddle boarding and kayaking, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the water. Even better, dine at a waterfront location afterward and try a meal you’ve never had before!
- Publix Aprons Cooking School. Enjoy a cooking class taught by expert chefs or see a demonstration. There is an array of topics for you to enjoy – from different cooking techniques to regional cuisines to cooking for special occasions. Small-group classes or personal classes are available.
- Flying. Experience the beautiful Polk County from the air – in a piece of American history! Enjoy a memorable biplane ride from the Winter Haven Municipal Airport with Preston Aviation. It’s a chance to enjoy the wind in your hair and the sun in your face as you take in the stunning views.
For more information about things to do in Polk County, and to hear more about how residents at The Estates at Carpenters enjoy a vibrant, carefree lifestyle, contact us today! We would be happy to share all there is to do! Contact us today to learn more at 863-279-4503.
Experience What It Means to Have True Peace of Mind
With the security and peace of mind of Lifecare, it’s no surprise why The Estates at Carpenters is the right choice for a perfectly planned retirement lifestyle. Schedule a tour and discover the uncompromised retirement lifestyle you deserve. Schedule your visit today!
About The Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan Community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For over 30 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and amenities and services that make life easier. A lifestyle designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.