It’s nearing winter and soon, seniors from the North and colder regions will be making their way South to ride out the winter season. Many, it seems, enjoy escaping the cold and having more interaction with friends they’ve made, access to an array of programs and activities, and everything that they desire in their retirement lifestyle. In fact, it’s easy to see why!
“Seniors at The Estates at Carpenters know and experience just how exciting each day can be. Once they experience this, they rarely want to leave for long periods of time,” says Jeanie Tini, Director of Marketing and Sales at The Estates at Carpenters, a Life Plan Community in Lakeland, Florida. “If it isn’t the weather that draws them in, it’s certainly our wide range of programs and activities, our convenient location on 33 beautiful acres, and the peace of mind we offer. It’s truly a win-win situation for those who want to escape the cold – and for those who stay all year long, it’s even better!”
“Snowbirds” Can Be All Year Long
While many seniors only “Snowbird,” more and more are beginning to become “Sunbirds,” meaning they stay in the warmer areas year-round, not just for the winter! This trend is on the rise for good reason; in fact, there are so many reasons to enjoy a retirement community like The Estates all year round!
- Year-round carefree lifestyle. It’s normal for seniors to wonder about their safety, finances, and future health needs; in fact, this can cause seniors a lot of worries. When you move to The Estates at Carpenters, you can rest assured that all your needs will be met while securing your future against the rising costs of health care. Aside from this, you can also enjoy meals prepared for you, more simplified billing, services and amenities included and so much more.
- Freedom from home maintenance and upkeep. Many seniors find that tending to housework, home maintenance, and yard work can be tedious when they are living in their home as opposed to their retirement community. Trading in all of that hard work to become a year-round snowbird can make days more enjoyable and take the stress out of the day.
- More time to experience new things. Think of it this way, instead of spending all your time on chores half of the year, worrying about the future, or being bored at home alone, you could be enjoying programming, traveling, or spending time with friends. Try something you’ve never done before, take a new class, explore your passions and hobbies – instead of splitting your time and trying to cram everything in, you can take it slow and savor these new opportunities.
- Opportunities to travel whenever you desire. Just because you become a permanent resident of sunny Florida, it doesn’t mean you need to stay here all the time. Go home for the holidays, take a vacation to somewhere new, or enjoy your favorite travel destination. The choices are all yours, and even better, your belongings will be safe and secure and the lifestyle you love will be right here waiting for you when you get back.
- You can host your family for the holidays AND experience the fun during summer vacation. Instead of traveling home for the holidays, you can easily host your family and friends, or, if there’s no place like home for the holidays, have your family join you during the summertime. There’s so much to do in every season in the Lakeland area that the possibilities are endless. There is truly something for everyone.
For more information about how you can enjoy a snowbird lifestyle all year long, or to learn more about our lifestyle, contact us today. We would be happy to schedule a tour and discuss everything there is to enjoy at The Estates. Contact us today at 863-279-4503.
Experience What It Means to Have True Peace of Mind
With the security and peace of mind of Lifecare, it’s no surprise why The Estates at Carpenters is the right choice for a perfectly planned retirement lifestyle. Schedule a tour and discover the uncompromised retirement lifestyle you deserve. Schedule your visit today!
About The Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living, and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For over 30 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and amenities and services that make life easier. A lifestyle designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.