If you or a loved one is living at home, you know first-hand how stressful it can be, especially at the present moment. There’s a lot on your plate! From housekeeping, yardwork and maintenance to grocery shopping, stocking up on medications and more, being a homeowner is stressful enough without thinking about the mental, emotional and physical cost.
“At The Estates, many of our residents were tired of worrying about their homes, taking care of the hassles of homeownership and stressing about their endless to-do lists,” says Jeanie Tini, Marketing Director at The Estates at Carpenters, a Life Plan Community in Lakeland, Florida. “That’s why they decided to make the move to our community. Here, they don’t need to worry about all the things they did at home and can instead enjoy life while letting us take care of everything for them. This not only brings residents peace of mind, but happiness, too!”
The Cost of Staying in Your Home vs. a Life Plan Community
Many older adults, unfortunately, believe that moving from home and to a community setting will cost them more; however, this is often not the case. Many find that moving to a senior living community costs either the same or even less, all while providing an exceptional value! Many residents often wonder why they didn’t make the move sooner, and wish they had because the cost of remaining at home simply wasn’t worth the price tag or hassle!
If you are questioning whether or not to remain at home, consider some of the following reasons why staying in your house can be more costly than making a move.
- You have to worry about the mortgage or rent as well as the utilities. Every month, you need to pay a variety of different bills. Mortgage, water, electric, sewer, television and Internet and perhaps even more. Wouldn’t it be more convenient to pay one monthly fee instead of worrying about various due dates and increases or decreases in amounts due? Many of our residents certainly thought so!
- Home customization and appliance repairs are costly. As seniors age, their need to adapt their home tends to increase. They may need to have costly repairs done to their bathroom, safety measures made or updated and appliances may need to be replaced and changed more often as time goes by. At The Estates, this is never something you need to worry about, as we are specially designed with all of this in mind. Let us do the maintenance on your appliances, choose from our available customizations and let us take all the stress and worries off your plate.
- You pay more for entertainment, fitness and transportation. Many seniors need to add the cost of outings, transportation, events and gym memberships to their cost of living at home. We may not think much about this, as it isn’t a technical “bill,” but we are certainly paying for it! Instead of getting tight on money after paying bills, trying to find cheap or free things to do with friends, giving up the gym membership and worrying about getting enough social interaction, enjoy all of these things and more at The Estates for the same cost you pay each day. Even better, if you want to enjoy the surrounding area, you can do that as well with scheduled transportation.
- Dining and meals are something you’ll need to take care of yourself. When you live at home, you need to take care of all the grocery shopping, food preparation and cooking. When you live in a community setting such as The Estates, it is included in your cost. Choose where you want to eat and with whom, and we will simply take care of the rest, providing you with nutritious meals that you don’t need to lift a finger for!
- Rising costs of health care. When you remain at home, you remain vulnerable to the ever-changing and ever-rising costs of health care. With our Life Care contracts, you can secure future care at today’s prices, saving you a lot of money on future care or the price of in-home care.
For more information about the true costs of staying in your home, or to learn more about how our lifestyle can save you worry, time and money, contact us today. We would be happy to speak with you and share more about The Estates! Call Jeanie today at 863-279-4503.
Experience What It Means to Have True Peace of Mind
With the security and peace of mind of Lifecare, it’s no surprise why The Estates at Carpenters is the right choice for a perfectly planned retirement lifestyle. Schedule a tour and discover the uncompromised retirement lifestyle you deserve. Schedule your visit today!
About The Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan Community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For over 34 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and the amenities and services that make life easier. A lifestyle designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.