When it comes to any storm or uncertainty in life, it’s important to be as prepared as possible while making plans to deal with whatever comes your way. During a hurricane, you ensure you have the necessary supplies you will need to weather the storm, can easily tend to your home if damage occurs and are prepared for any short- or long-term impacts. As many Floridians know, this is an essential practice for hurricane and storm season, but what about for other aspects of your life?
“Many retirees tend to not think about their futures and their plan for retirement because it is often uncertain, overwhelming or even slightly scary” says Jeanie Tini, Marketing Director at The Estates at Carpenters, a Life Plan Community in Lakeland, Florida. “They put retirement and care plans off until it’s something they need to think about; however, if they wait until the last minute to plan for the unexpected changes that come their way, they can end up with a bigger mess than they started with.”
“I encourage older adults to plan for retirement just as they would a storm, because this ensures they aren’t making rash decisions based on desperate needs, uncertainties and fear, and instead allows them to relax, live worry-free and make all decisions based on their personal wants, needs and desires. Not only is this less hectic, but it also helps provide security, value and complete peace of mind for the future – no matter what comes their way!”
How to Ensure You Have a Stormproof Retirement Plan
To begin making your stormproof retirement plan and experience security for the future, keep some of the following tips in mind. These can help to lead you to the community that offers the perfect lifestyle, services and carefree future for you.
- Plan ahead. It’s never too early to start planning for your retirement; in fact, planning far in advance can help you to find the perfect space for you while allowing you time to downsize, pack, evaluate your finances, move and begin enjoying your retirement lifestyle even sooner. Begin by researching communities, touring in-person or virtually if possible, learning more about their offerings and getting a feel for how you fit into the lifestyle. And at The Estates at Carpenters, you can feel confident knowing that our Life Plan community has access to future healthcare right on site, if you would ever need it.
- Make sure the community offers everything you desire. From social opportunities and lifelong learning, to clubs and activities within a prime location, ensure that the community you choose has access to everything you want. After all, who wants to move just to discover that there’s nothing to do, see or enjoy? At The Estates, we are located in an area that offers close proximity to beaches, theme parks, a lively atmosphere and more, ensuring those within our community can live the carefree lifestyle they love while living exactly as they choose.
- Ensure there’s access to future care. Life Plan Communities can help to ease the minds of older adults by providing access to future care, without the fear of rising health care costs or being left to figure out how they will receive care upon having a health scare or emergency. Talk to the team at the communities you are considering to see what care options they have available, including Lifecare contracts, and choose the best plan for you or your loved one. It’s also important to see how fees change; ask what isn’t included in the fees and learn more about how this will impact your finances.
- Choose a community that makes finances more simple. One of the best things about Life Plan Communities like The Estates is how it can simplify your finances. With one entrance fee and one monthly fee, you can enjoy everything the community has to offer. This not only takes away the worries of monthly bills and wondering which you have paid, what you may have missed or how your utilities have gone up, but it also allows for financial security, often costs less than owning a home, lets you save money and makes sure your assets are maintained. Even better, if you retire to Florida, you can also enjoy an array of tax benefits! Learn more about the true cost of staying in your home and compare it to all that’s included at The Estates on our financial page.
- Find out how they make life worry-free. Make sure the community you choose will allow you to live life on your terms while enjoying your days as you choose. Communities like The Estates at Carpenters take care of maintenance, yardwork, housekeeping and so much more to ensure you can spend your days as carefree as possible.
Experience What It Means to Have True Peace of Mind
With the security and peace of mind of Lifecare, it’s no surprise why The Estates at Carpenters is the right choice for a perfectly planned retirement lifestyle. Schedule a tour and discover the uncompromised retirement lifestyle you deserve. Schedule your visit today!
About The Estates at Carpenters
The Estates at Carpenters is a Life Plan Community offering worry-free independent living, assisted living and high-quality skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. For 34 years, The Estates has provided older adults in the area with an active, engaging lifestyle filled with abundant choices and the amenities and services that make life easier. A lifestyle designed to keep older adults healthy and well today – and tomorrow.
For more information on The Estates or to RSVP to an upcoming event, contact Jeanie at 863-279-4503 or visit our website.