These days, retirement is a time of transition rather than a time to kick back. Active older adults want a life full of experiences, activities and services that enrich their day-to-day enjoyment of life’s little pleasures … and demand is high.
According to US Census data, 10,000 Baby Boomers are expected to turn 65 per day between now and 2030. So far, this increase has driven the growth and development of a number of exciting new technologies that make senior living easier than ever before to thrive in.
Keep reading for our brief guide to what 2022 holds for the world of senior living.
2022 Care and Technology Trends in Senior Living
Many communities are now referring to themselves by a different name, which is one way that senior living is changing. These communities prefer to be called Life Plan Communities instead of Continuing Care Retirement Communities or CCRCs.
In 2022, modern communities emphasize a full continuum of supportive services as well as an engaging and active lifestyle based in holistic wellness. To help seniors make the most of their retirement years, communities bring in new programs, services and amenities and are always searching for new ways to enrich the lives of their residents.
Some of these common senior living community amenities and services include:
- Refresh in the heated swimming pool and spa
- Stay fit in our state-of-the-art fitness center
- Create a masterpiece in the Carpenter’s Shop or art studio
- Enjoy a session with our full-time, on-site personal trainer
- Check on your health in the Wellness Center
- Indulge in delicious, chef-prepared cuisine
- Feel beautiful with a treatment in the salon
- Be enlightened during a cultural event
- Perk up with a cup of coffee in the bistro with friends
- Buy a present for your friend in the gift shop
- Be challenged in the billiards room
- Immerse yourself in two on-site libraries, complete with large print and audiobooks
- Attend a show in the community auditorium
- Sharpen your skills in the woodworking shop
- Entertain friends and family in the outside patio and grilling area
- Toss a ball with your pet in the dog park
- Get into the swing at the 19th Hole Putting Green
- Stay informed in the technology center
These days, more communities are also offering counseling services, massage therapy, physical therapy and psychological counseling. Communities are hiring teams of specialists that include geriatric care managers, gourmet chefs, nutritionists and personal trainers.
Various holistic wellness programs are offered in many communities to promote total health for the mind, body and soul. These programs usually have educational and lifelong learning components. A trainer or various apps and devices are used to conduct exercise classes. Youth and older adults can join intergenerational programs and learn about food and nutrition.
Residents are kept safe with personal emergency response systems (PERS), which help them take control and notify staff of problems at the same time. In senior living communities, you’ll find tech that’s suitable for retirees, including smartphones and laptops with large buttons for greater ease of use. Devices like these have enabled new advances such as telehealth, smart pillboxes and health monitoring devices like a wearable heart monitor.
The Estates continuously finetunes our approach to wellness, convenience and Life Plan culture. We provide the best possible setting for older adults to embrace an independent lifestyle where they can rely on the conveniences that cutting-edge technologies bring. We’re proud to lead in every amenity, service and advancement listed above.
Welcome to Uncompromised Senior Living
The Estates at Carpenters is a not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. We provide a full continuum of care and a unique advantage to Lakeland and surrounding Winter Haven, Florida, area retirees. Come visit our community near the renowned Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center.