Getting enough sleep, eating well, and listening to how our bodies feel are all ways to age well. But did you know you can also enhance your health by nurturing friendships?
In recent years, experts have begun to more frequently include an active social life as another important element of holistic health. According to research, retirement is a great time to form new relationships, especially as a way to fight the loneliness many older adults experience.
Senior living communities allow you to rediscover the joys of socializing again. In fact, with the right senior living option, you can engage with new people more easily than if you were living at home.
How Isolation Happens
A lack of mental health resources and support networks prevents many older individuals from helping themselves when they feel isolated. Due to its gradual nature, social disconnect is difficult to detect. This can be especially true for older adults.
It’s also possible to become lonely because of circumstances beyond one’s control, such as moving away from friends, losing partners, physical decline due to an injury, and driving less. The lack of opportunities for socializing may discourage some seniors from leaving their homes.
How The Estates at Carpenters Can Help
If you’re looking for an incomparable senior living experience, a Life Plan Community like The Estates at Carpenters could be the right choice for you.
Our full activity calendar means there are always fun ways to maintain an active social life. And combined with our focus on an active, independent lifestyle, the following amenities will make you feel right at home.
Imagine yourself …
- Staying fit in our state-of-the-art fitness center
- Refreshing in the heated swimming pool and spa
- Creating a masterpiece in the art studio
- Indulging in delicious chef-prepared cuisine
- Attaining enlightenment during a cultural event
- Perking up with a cup of coffee in the bistro
- Immersing yourself in two on-site libraries
- Attending a show in the community auditorium
- Sharpening your skills in the woodworking shop
- Entertaining friends and family in the outside patio and grilling area
- Tossing a ball with your pup in the dog park
Welcome to Uncompromised Senior Living.
Schedule a tour today to see our beautiful Lakeland community and the surrounding Central Florida region.